Ideal age to start education

Farook

Hi There, What is the Ideal age of the child to admin him to the school?  

• 9

vivek agarwal

My daughter in around 2. 5 years and we will send her to school only next year. We will enrolled her to some other activities such as swimming, dancing etc in the meantime. This would give her time to gain the much required confidence which will help her in future. Schools at age earlier than 3 years, somehow I feel not a great option because the child is too young to express him/herself. Sometimes this can create issues personality related issues.

Nisha Menon

here again it varies from child to child. If you feel your child is comfortable being away with you and playing with other kids... you can start with School. I sent my daughter at 1 year and 10 months and she is enjoying her school. Do whats comfortable for you and your child. also remember that there will be lil resistance at the start, so dont lose hope :-)All the best!!

I too believe around 2. 6 yrs is d age when d child is ready mentally to go to school n comfortably handles stranger as well as separation anxiety. though each child is different n some children take little more time to settle down. but its not something fixed. I am sharing my experience n have seen other kids too enjoying play school n looking fwd to it.

Ritu

Dear Farook, I think deciding to send your child to a play school is gonna be a little difficult both for the parent and the child , but that is to start with. I first tried when my son was 1. 5. I would sit somewhere hidden in the school and yet could see him crying for the two hours that I was taking my son for. Ultimately I had no choice but give up and wait for the period he was ready. He started enjoying and looking forward to going to school when he was 2. 5. To begin with, as usual, there was some resistance but ultimately with the help of teachers , he soon settled down. Nowadays, he wants to go to school Even on off days when there is no school or times when he falls sick , and is unable to go. So what I want to tell you is that children do put up some resistance when you take that first step for them , and it is taxing for the child and the parent both. But ultimately , they enjoy, and they learn. And they learn so much and so quickly that they surprise you most of the time! They are individuals but once they start attending school, they become rounded...... they see, they observe , they learn and they grow, and you know when you see all of it taking place, you too feel proud of their accomplishments . Think about it, and do it when you feel you both are ready . Inconveniences are going to be there , but I think those are for a very short time , and can be handled. All the very best .

Kannu

It's best to start schooling as early as you can. The mind of the child is like a sponge and the more s/he interacts with her/his environment the better is his/her learning curve. Few schools even offer Mother toddler programs which starts when the child is 1 yr old and like Anurima rightly put in, at this age the child learns about manners, habits, culture, and develops self confidence. So its better to put in early as even the brain development happens maximum between 1-6 yr old.

gaurima

Dear Farook, I had to question the same when i was looking forward to sending my own kids to play-schools. In my case I decided that my kids will start school when they will be able to understand language and express themselves verbally. And so that happened around the age of 2. 5 years.

Hey Farook, my daughter went to playschool from 18 months and I will be sending my son in a few months time too (when he will be 18months old). At this age children are taught about the things around them. This is also a kind of education. My daughter learnt table manners, eating with a spoon and fork, wearing her own jacket and shoes etc by the time she was 2 years. I think children take interest in letters and numbers after the age if 3 years. Even at this stage, studying should be a fun activity.

Hrudaya Annavajhala

even i started sending my twins by 2. 6 years , they were resisting it initially now they want to go to school even on weekends

Hi Farook, I started sending my baby to play school when he was 2. 5 years old. It was a great experience for him.

writing

my son don't want to write he only loves reading

how to improve child skills under age 2..

how to make my son to improve talking skills

know the correct time of school

what the propper age to send the child to playschool

know the correct time of school

play school

hi mommies can any body plz help me which playschool is best where should i do a..

drinking

my baby is 1. 6 yr old I he drinks water in feading bottles but milk he ll drink..

Fisr day at playschool

My lo will b going to playgroup, its his first day. Please help me to ensure wha..