Immunity

Surabhi

My baby keeps falling sick again and again. She doesn't seem to have any resistance to common cold. Could it be tonsillitis? Can I do anything food wise to boost her immunity?

• 7
Aman

Hello Surabhi. My child had the similar situation so I tried it. You can also try this - http://amzn.to/2wcYzDN

Rhea Gupta

Hi Surabhi! My baby is also very vulnerable to certain ailments. Like Ankita said, a little bit of everything actually helps. I give my baby probiotics to help her to build her immunity. Doctors say good bacteria in the stomach can help a lot.

Rhea Gupta

Ankita A Talwar

Hi Surabhi, Does she complain of sore throat, or a headache near the ears, temples, Or have you noticed any sort of swelling on her throat. These are generally the symptoms of tonsillitis. Otherwise you could get her checked for it. When it comes to boosting immunity, food is the best source. focus on giving her a variety--a little of everything everyday, some nuts, a few seeds, a couple of fruits (including something that is high in Vit C), vegetables, some protein item, a bit of carbs etc. You could also check with your doctor for supplements. Hope these help.

Surabhi

Thank you so much Anurima and Soumya! :)

Soumya

Hi surabhi. My suggestion is take it one by one. First point is children below 3years are susceptible to cold and cough upto 7 times in a year. Point 2 please check if your rooms are well ventilated and dust free. This could cause constant allergic reactions which can lead to repeated illness. 3rd point is boosting immunity is done automatically when he recovers from the illness. They develop thro falling sick. From your side follow a balanced diet. Avoid suggery foods and sweets. They can aggravate the illness.

Dear Surabhi, you may find a solution from the following blog. Here is the link : https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/8-ways-to-boost-your-childs-immunity/382