increasing milk production .pls help

Updated on Jul 07, 2017

Hi. My baby completes 8 months in few days. He was exclusively given mother feeding til 6 months. Now he getting his feed once in the morning, once in the day and three to four times after the dinner til next morning. I've started giving semi solids, juice and some water after 6 months. Now I've started to pump only once a day to mix with his food ,but I can get only 50 to 75 ml after 45 minutes of pumping in an average. Is it normal to get minimal amount after pumping. My breast was heavy and big when I was exclusively feeding. But now it is very soft . So I'm confused that . Am I producing enough milk for him. Is there any possibility for increasing the milk production. pls hlp

• 4

Thanks sushma

chill Sindhu your milk will not decrease.... don worry... at the same time have leafy veggies, saunf, ajwain, jeera n garlic... if u want u can take lactonic granules powder which has to be mixed n milk n drink twice a day... definitely milk supply will increase.. I m using this since 8months...

Thanks . But I would like to continue at least by pump n give option until 2 years. But if this condition persists does that happen. I'm worried

hey Sindhu your breasts are not heavy because you started to feed solid food... gradually baby's milk intake will become less... so that's the reason... if baby is ok with your milk then no need to worry... it happened to me also... even I m facing the same thing....

Always looking for healthy meal ideas for your child?

Get meal plans
Top Food and Nutrition Blogs