infant cold

Deepa B

Updated on Aug 24, 2016

as per seniors advice I had given a drop of tulasi juice mixed with honey to my one and half month baby ...BT nw I had red somewhere ki honey is not good for babies... can any one clarify my doubt... and please suggest home remedies for my baby to get rid of cold... actually he is not having sore nose but he is having kapha in lungs and mild cough.... please suggest me some remidies... as iam new mom,iam scared when baby makes light sound during respiration sometime

• 9
Devki Kaswan

hii... plz consult doc n gv sek on chest n back ...it really works.

Meenakshi

@ Deepa, Yes my daughter is also suffering from cold. she is 3 months old and I have given her nebulizer yesterday.

Deepa B

@meenalshi can v use nebuliser for infants

Sonia

my paed also advised me to give few drops of honey to my babies to avoid cold n cough.. he said med dene se to honey dena thik hai... i asked ki honey 1 saal se pehle nhi dena chahiye mne net pr padha hai so he said ki net pr likhi sab chij thik nhi hoti wo angrejo k liye hai.. m also confused wht to do.. my mom n in laws are also in favor of giving small quantity of honey after 3 month old baby...

Meenakshi

Hi,You massage your baby with warm mustard oil with 2 pieces of Camphor in chest& nasal area. Also give Nebulizer to your Baby. Nebulizer is very effective ,you can buy online. This product will help in Future also.

Yohashri

After 7 months u can make grounded paste of tulasi,thoothuvalai & ajwain leaves n filter d syrup(5ml) using muslin cloth n give it to ur baby to get rid of cold... plz don't give anything other than breast milk til 6 th month without consulting ur pediatrician...

gayatri chadwa

please don't give anything other than breast milk to your baby before 6 months.. consult your Dr for medication.. also you can give steam or sek to your baby but please don't give anything internally..

Yohashri

no u shud nt give tulasi for one and half month baby.... better u consult ur pediatric...

Khushboo Shah

Honey is good for child. U can even add a drop of ginger to the honey and tulsi . And just give a drop or two of the mixture to the baby. Also ajwain ka sek is very helpful onchest and back.

Top Babycare Blogs