Infant formula

Archana Kumar

Jul 07, 2015

My son enters into his 5th month now. My milk is not enough for him now. Can I start infant formula like Lactogen or Nan Pro. I started feeding him cow's milk. But he gets constipation. So can I give him infant formula. Please give your comments based on your experience.

• 6

Rama

It is safe to start formula. I did that but see to it your baby doesn't get colic pains. If it agrees with him Nanpro is good and also solids . All the best

Renuka M

It is safe to start formula for 5 months old baby. I started to feed formula for my little one from 2nd months as he was not gaining weight and my pediatrician suggest to start with Lactogen. He gained a ideal weight, when my pediatrician advised me to stop the formula and start with cow's milk. But he was so much liking the taste of formula that he used to refuse for cow's milk. Anyhow, he was almost 8 months old and I had started with solid food, so it didn't make any difference. I stop giving formula and totally relied on solid food and breast feeding. This helped me a lot.

Leesha Wadhwani

This a very good article.. Plz must read... http://www.babycenter.in/x8907/can-i-give-my-baby-formula-if-i-dont-have-enough-breastmilk

Vaidhegi

Hi archana even I came across the same problem... my pediatrician suggested me to start solids for my baby... but still every baby is different. so it is better to check with your pediatrician

Archana Kumar, There should be no harm in feeding formula... even I had started my kid of formula Nan-Pro, but ideally check with your paediatrician once. He will guide you the best.

Hi archana! There have been several instances where mothers have used formula in first 6 months but You should definitely get the peadiac's reccomendation on this.

hello my daughter is 6 month completed..

food to be given for six month baby

Solid Food for baby

For 9 months old baby boy what all solid food I can feed.

Folding for my 10mths son

Hi What foods can be given to my 10mths old son.... Please suggest

what diet should I follow for my preterm baby... now he is 1month old.. please s..

when should I introduce threptin biscuits.

diet

wt should I feed my 6 mnth old baby...

abt eating ragi porridge of 8 month baby

hi everyone .... my son gonna complete eight month next week... he s not at all..

hi

feed