Initial Solid Food

Nidhi Gupta

Can I feed "Cerelac Rice" to my daughter as her first food. Is it good for babies? She is 6 months old.  

• 5

Nidhi Gupta

Thanx to All.

Hey Nidhi , there is a whole blog with recipes on the site for initial foods for a 6mnth old - 1 yr old baby why dont you check that out ,it is simple and informative and it has had success with another parent i know who had a 9 month old son. the url for the same is https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/initial-foods-6-12-months/170

Sreelakshmi

Hi Nidhi, As far as my experience goes, I feel natural/home made foods can be a safer and healthier option for babies for starting solids. Even my paediatrician advised me the same. Cerelac Rice is fine to start solids because rice cereal is easiest to digest. I had given Cerelac to my son only as a last resort/during travel. Maybe this helped him to have a greater acceptance to natural foods and he got adjusted to our regular adult food easily. First introduce the more easily digestible foods like diluted fruit juice, vegetable soups(clear) and dal water .Then slowly move on to liquid foods with thicker consistency and then to solid consistency. I started with fruit juices/clear vegetable soups then slowly moved to ragi porridge (very thin consistency initially) and then gave steamed and pureed apple and banana, veggies like carrot, potato boiled and pureed. Whichever natural food you want to try, always remember and introduce one food at a time and test if your child does not develop allergic reactions to the food. Please do consult your paediatrician for any queries.

Mayuri

I feel packed food contains preservatives which is not good in the long run.... home made mashed overcooked rice with dal water.... mashes boiled potatoes and a little butter will taste good and will be healthy....

Nidhi, since your daughter is 6 months old, she has to start with solids. You can find on the pack of Cerelac if it is suitable for 6 months old children. Why dont you also try the following right now before you start with store bought foods: microwave half an apple, mash it up and feed her. Mash of a small banana. Overcooked rice mashed up. Kids love carrots, so I would suggest a bit of carrot mash. You can start with natural foods like this or even buy ready made from brands like Gerber and Heinz. Any baby store would stock them.

Cerelac or nestam

Which one is better cerelac or nestam for my 6months old daughter..

Proteinex

From when I give my baby proteinex in milk

nutrition

hii my baby is 1year old,,,,she weight is 7. 30 kg only,but she is taken any foo..

Feeding

My baby sometimes become very much irritated and for what reason I am unable to..

Diarhoea

Hi does cerelac causes diarrhoea? I started feeding my 9 month old . She develop..

how can i boost immunity of my 11mnth ol..

It regarding boosting immunity and how to gain weight of 11mnths old daughter

about food

Can I give nestum rice cereals to my 8 month old baby boy,. ?

my baby comleted 8 mnth now what i give to her