Insufficient milk

Swetha

Updated on Nov 24, 2016

my baby is 2 months old and from the beginning my milk is not sufficient for her. she is on my milk and formula milk.. upon using Ayurveda medicine, I could give milk for her (60% per day). please suggest some tips to increase the milk production. I want her to completely rely on my milk. is it possible?

• 9
Sakina Rang

Please eat lapsi once everyday sweet or salted N bajra roti with soups

Yash Sri Gupta

1st thing is you drink milk 3 times a day. and eat methi Dana and other suggested items by fellow parents.

Ishita Rathore

Have lots of fluids like zeera water ,have 7-8methi Dana with water everyday ,n yeah u can roast til ,ajwain,flaxseed together n have after every meal (4-5times),u take ayurvedic supplements too,shatavri powder will also help but don't forget to have lot of water or liquids

Kinjal Desai

u can have satavari x powder in milk. it will surely help you. take at least twice in a day. coconut, pumpkin seeds, ajwain, til, souf , jeera, u just little fry all these and mix properly. mukhwas ki tarah din me jitna kha sako utna khao. ye ready made bhi milega delivery me khaneka mukhwas.

Hema

Take lactonic granules powder 3 spoon 2 times with milk

firstimemom

Can even add oats to the below given list . it helps a lot.

Swetha

thank you Swathi and Props.. your information is helpful..

Swathi Kedlaya

Hi shwetha . Even I was in the same phase like you. You need to have strong mindset that you will only breastfeed your baby. The best way to increase milk let down is more feeding. The more you feed more your body produces milk. You can also do breast massage's moving your fingers circular way to stimulate before feeding. You can also include foods which are known to help in lactation like garlic, jeera , dil leaves, fenugreek in your diet.

Roopa

Hi.. Even I had same issue, but I started drinking lot of water, eat proper healthy food on time, have small quantity every now and than and when u feel hungry. Add lot of veg, grees, nuts , milk in Ur diet. If Ur non vegetarian that also helps. I drink boiled water after adding methi, jeera , ajwain and saunf. My doc advised me to take lactare tablet that also helped me. Most important we should not take stress and take small naps when ever possible to rest yourself. Hope some thing had helped you. Take care.