Iron and calcium post delivery

Namrata
All age groups

Updated on Feb 26, 2016

Hi All, Wanted to check if you have been continuing iron and calcium tablets post delivery. For how long should we take them. Also has anyone had lot of hairfall post delivery. Any suggestions pls.

• 10
Aabha

Hi my doctor had told me to take iron and calcium till 6 months i. e till we are exclusively breastfeeding the baby as it benefits the baby too!

prachi

Atleast for six months

prachi

Do continue iron and cal. tablets. it helps a lot.

Haritima Pandey

Do massage ur hair every time.. Or atleast before head bath from coconut oil.. It ll help..

Neha Bani

But how to regain d volume of hair...

Haritima Pandey

My gynecologist suggested me iron nd calcium both till one mnth.. if u r taking its good fr ur health. BT time limit ask to gynecologist.

Namrata

Thanks guys... Im so relieved hearing that hairfall is common and would eventually stop....

sowmya shree pr

Hairfall would continue till the baby is 7-8 months old. My doc suggested me to take calcium. And iron for 6 months post delivery.

Hair fall is quite common and after sometime it will stop on its own. You don't need to take iron and calcium post delivery, you may increase the quantity of natural sources of calcium and iron in your diet.

shirin chithara

I didn't continue iron and calcium post delivery. You can take if you really feel sick. Hair fall is very common. My baby is 5 months old now. Hair is still falling from root.