Is there any harm if i force my daughter to have Kanji in the morning?

Dimple

Dear parents                                                                                                          Everyone in my locality are saying that we should not force the chidren to have their meal, especially toodlers, instead give them what ever things they want like chips, toffes etc.........  I am really confused.  Since I always force my daughter to have her break fast as rice soap, nobody in my family is happy.  And she always gets diarrhea if she alter her eating habits to junk or snaks in the morning.  Is there any harm if i force her to have Kanji in the morning?

• 5

Dimple

Thank you all for valuable suggestions. She does not like milk and drink milk while sleeping only. If something with milk she wont drink or eat. I tried to change its color and smell. But she did not accept. I will try other options.

"They say Variety is the spice of Life" - Dear Dimple just change the breakfast menu and surely something will click with your child. If your child likes sweet flavors in the morning , you could try making banana shake or make sweet lassi and add a bit of boiled rice to it , you could also make a sooji kheer which will nutritious and healthy and easy to go down. Either ways if she likes savory things or salty things soupy dalia is very healthy, you could make upma or poha or simply give her a stuffed parantha. I see the age category that you have mentioned is 2-4 years; A child is capable of eating all the above mentioned dishes for breakfast and something is bound to click with the LO.

Aashna

Hi Dimple. Force feeding is never a good idea. Children who are force fed, may develop an aversion to food and eating. As suggested by Rashmi and Neetu, introduce a variety of food. If you are tight on making something from scratch, you could try and give your daughter some cornflakes with yogurt/milk,honey and fresh fruits, or you could make some oats with milk and feed it to her mixed with mashed banana. Rashmi has made some nice suggestions with regards to food ideas. You could also give her what the rest of you in the family have for breakfast :)

Hey Dimple.. i agree with Rashmi here. No one likes the same breakfast, not even us mommies, do we :)

Rashmi Balagopal

Hi Dimple, Feeding toddlers is not an easy task and I totally understand your frustration. Its very good that you are trying to inculcate good habit in your daughter by giving her nutritious breakfast. Breakfast is very important meal of the day! However, please note that forcing young children makes them want to resist it even more :) Also, it doesnt mean that you have to give junk . How old is your daughter? If she has enough teeth and is able to chew you have plenty of healthy options. If she refuses kanji, you can try something else - Oatmeal, idlies, paranthas, egg, toast, cereals, fruits, milk shakes, etc. You can try to make it seem very tasty by eating couple of bites in front of her and rave about it. Hope this helps! Good luck :)

Fridge food ( freezer ) for babies

Is Food kept in fridge or freezer are good for babies ( 14 months ).

food & weight increase

hi tell healthy food and weight increase food how to feed

For deit

hello everyone.... nice to see you all here.... i am having 2 kids... both boy n..

Not eating solid food

my child is 1 year and 4 months he doesn't want to eat , he is thin . and day by..

can I can give 1 egg daily my one year daughter

can I give bread to my 1 yr 5 months daughter