It's 1 am Please sleep

Nidhi

Updated on Sep 05, 2013

Yes, keep requesting this to my 14 months old daughter.... who just refrains sleeping. Thoug she si drop dead tired and sleepy but she doesn't want to sleep. She starts [laying all of sudden and once i beging to make her sleep she just starts crying.... I've tried most of the things mentioned in book or by friends like oil massage, hot bath before bedtime, 1 hr play before bedtime, singing lullaby, what not.... please tell me a good, effective and sustainable solution to make her sleep at normal hours....

• 21
Nidhi

Hey bhavna, thanks for such encouraging words.. she was settled as i was very persistent on her regular sleeping habits, but then now again we are in holiday so there are some restrictions to our Day-time spent routine too... hope is right on track once we are back from holiday... lot of my friends also suggested that it;s too early to dictate her, but when yo her tired and cranky, i really thinks there should be good set of routine for her sleeping habits... will updatethe post more once am back from vacation - See more at: https://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/its-1-am-please-sleep/676

Nidhi

Hey bhavna, thanks for such encouraging words.. she was settled as i was very persistent on her regular sleeping habits, but then now again we are in holiday so there are some restrictions to our Day-time spent routine too... hope is right on track once we are back from holiday... lot of my friends also suggested that it;s too early to dictate her, but when yo her tired and cranky, i really thinks there should be good set of routine for her sleeping habits... will updatethe post more once am back from vacation

Nidhi

Hey Nidhi !! wow , that is some patience ... hats off to you girl... i went through the entire talk and even smiled at some of the excerpts but all in all my heart goes out to you and i can understand this constant battle is very draining. I see you have been given a world or options to try but i just wanted to ask one thing, does she snore a bit when she sleeps? you will have to break her daily routine to get her to sleep at a predecided time, yes most of the proparents who have said thatreducing the sleep in the day time may help are right , being hyperactive is still a questionable theory that can only be proved with a lot of clinical testing. Hey we 've all been there, it usually gets better with time , the mantra that helped me , - This too shall pass :-) hang in there.

Gaurav

human body temperature while sleeping is lower than when its awake. The idea is to take a give your kid a hot bath and then take her to a cold room to make her sleep. As the body starts cooling down, it will induce sleep and hopefully she will sleep too... all the best.