Jet lag

Shridevi

Hi All,   Thanks for the tips yu guys gave me for travelling. She was good and we had a safe journey.   Now its time about Jet lag. She is still living in the US time. Her sleep and food is all according to US time. that means she sleeps in the day and eats in the nights.   Can anybody suggest me what can be done. If I should allow her to continue the same schedule and she will get back to normal schedule by herself. OR Should I force the change   Thanks Shridevi

• 8
Shridevi

Sure. Thanks a lot Nitin

1. Make sure that she eats before going to bed (especially in line with the Indian bed time) 2. Try to stay awake until its bed time- this is the most difficult,try to keep her occupied enough that she stays awake. Her favorite board game/book may be a good idea. 3. Stick to your earlier routine- do the usual things you used to before the trip, e. g. the bathing time, playing time, family meal-time, lullaby at bed time etc 4. Try to get her to go back to sleep if she wakes up early- can be tough , but it will start working slowly, just stay at it. Keeping her favorite toys nearby to snuggle may be a good idea 5. Go outside- spend time going out to her favourite play area, get her to meet her friends and play with them in the open. Let me know how does this work.

Hi sridevi! Sorry for the delay in my revert. Thanks for sharing the sleep timings. Here are a couple of suggestions whch may be handy.

Shridevi

Nitin, am waiting for ur suggestion

Shridevi

Thanks Anurima.