Kick in stomach but not pregnant?

Nisha

Hi all,I am a mother to an 18 mths old. V recently - past 2-3 mths, i started getting this feeling of a light kicks in my stomach, like how you get when your baby kicks while u r pregnant..... and it happens when i lie down at night to sleep   It was earlier everynight - just once or twice but now it has somewhat reduced   I am v sure i am not pregnant again ..my doc says it is probably flatulence. I have read on soo many other forums too and many moms get this feeling and say it is spasms or gas.   Maybe it is because i  have started gym rigorously since Jan and have reduced 15 kgs since..... is it spasms cause of this?   Pls advice 

• 5

gaurima

Ha Ha ... I too get such kicks ... and feel terrified to think of the 3 rd one ;)

Deepti Singh

hey Nisha, my daughter is almost 2, and two days prior i felt the same after long... n m not pregnnt. So its normal, its only gas and we have felt those kicks, so we relate it there as it feels similar. So don't worry

Shanaya

:)...

Nisha

Thanks Shanaya... all other forums also lead me to believe this and i am relieved ...although it is not stomach sound or movement, it is like a light baby kick.. However i am resting assured when you say you also feel it :)

Shanaya

Dear Nisha, interestingly some people call these 'phantom fetal kicks'. I feel as it has not been very long since your pregnancy, you tend to easily and quickly relate this movement in your tummy to your memory of your baby's kicks. To my knowledge, this could simply be passage of gas and food through the stomach, as your doc also said. I and I am sure many other people experience stomach sounds and movements from time to time :).. exercising does cause stomach cramps in some people, but it is more of an immediate effect.. If you are sure you are not pregnant, simply watching what you eat and avoiding gas causing foods could help.. tc

stop feeding

m a working woman. my child usually sleeps on his own wen m out but wen m at hom..

My Son does not keep his right foot stra..

Hello everyone.. I hve to ask one thing.. while walking my son keeps his right..

Recipe of yogurt for baby

My son of 15 months old. I want to introduce yogurt in his meal. How can I prepa..

Combination of food

Can i give curd with egg and fish to my 2. 3 yr old daughter ?

sleep prib

hii.. my sin is 18month old..... wo sota hi nahi hai.. raat me har adhe ghante k..

suffering from fever

can anyone suggest home remedy for 2 years old child suffering from fever...

my periods and weight problem

mujhai c section sai baby hua tha jo ab 13 months ka h laikin after delivery me..