losing weight

Aben Kim

Updated on Jun 12, 2016

I fear that my LO is losing weight. he is 3 months old. Feeding him on demand, he doesn't feed for long. 2-3 minutes and thats it. As a result, my breastmilk is overflwing literally and i have to go change most of the time.

• 6
Aben Kim

thanks mommies for your input(s).

Amrita Mazumdar Pokkunuri

Agree with Tejal. You should keep track of the weight. i do it once a week and for me that's a very important indicator. with breastmilk, i had the same problem around this time. However it stopped leaking within a month or so... guess production and demand kinda stabilized. Hang in there but track weight.

Tejal Singh

Hi, my son use to be same, max 10mins and then sleep. It will be better if you consult your pedc and check his weight, that will give you clear picture. I did same, I use to check his weight 15 days gap, just to keep track.

Aben Kim

even at the gap of 2-3hours, he won't drink for long, like the maximum time would be 5-10 mins and doze off to sleep(mostly at night). And maybe as Tejal said, he might be a fast drinker. Nappy change is constant though.

Sanshrita Bhoil

give gap between feeds... 2-3hours. this way they feel hungry and drink better

Tejal Singh

Hi, try feeding your baby after 2hr and even on demand. It's not how many minutes they drink but how they drink. Some are fast drinker & some are slow. Just check with pedc also is you doubt of weight. Baby at this age like to play, feeding then play then again feed.