Maggi?

Hey friends, need to hear your views on this one.   My boy is almost 12. I give him maggi once a week and justify it to myself saying that this is one of the about 21 meals he has in a week.. so it should be alright. Still, guilt lingers on :)   Woudl love to hear from fellow parents about what they think. I must admit that this is not the only junk snacking though, We do eat out and there's pizza and things once a while. Please share your thoughts! thanks.

• 7

oh wow, thnx Payal, see sometimes the simplest things never occur to us (to me rather!).. never thought of adding eggs though my boy is pretty fond of eggs.. when we were kids, my mum used to add nutrella chunks (soybean) n we used to love t.. thnx for the tip :)

Neetu, my childs doctor told me to stop Maggi along with all wheat products (gluten, I suppose) but when I put my foot down saying its not possible, :), she said, its OK to limit to once a week and add veggies in it. I usually put scrambled eggs too.

thanks ladies, your words are music to my ears.. and Anurima, he doesnt like veggies in maggi, but yes eggs and boiled chicken sound good, never thought of this.. thnx!

Hey Neetu.. I hear ya!!! We just moved into new place and all daughter has been eating since the last 3-4 days is maggi, pizzas and Mc Donalds :( Just last evening I was telling my husband how guilty this is making me even though she is thoroughly enjoying the different food. I guess giving them such food occasionally is fine and once a week isn't that much. You could add some chopped vegs, an egg or some boiled chicken to make it a little nutritious and to lighten the guilt :)

manisha chanda

Maggi has become something without which kids don't feel happy, as long as it's not the only food and given once or maximum twice a week , it's fine

Indu

Neetu, we are on the same boat, Sunday morning is the maggi time for my kiddos ... definitely I avoid giving them maggi more than once a week. But I guess once a week is fine.

Top Food and Nutrition Blogs