Masoor dal intake daily

Payel

Updated on Sep 05, 2017

Is it ok to have Masoor dal daily with rice. my daughter is 2. 6yrs she having Masoor dal mostly she started solids.

• 3
Payel

Thank u all, I do add veges in the dal itself. but I was just wondering it won't harm her if she continuously take Masoor daal.

Cheena M Gujral

Yes payel. Try to add veggies to daal. or you can switch to moong dal slowly being yellow in color. gradually switch to other food... don't offer substitute if you want your child to have the meal you are serving. sometimes options kill the chance to try new things. all the best.

hi Payel! it's advisable to give variety to her , and let her taste new things . restricting to one dal in particular would not meet her daily nutritional requirements. gradually add one one new dish to her diet plan and if possible avoid concentrating on one nutrient say for instance having two or even three bowls of dal would just take care of protein part , and rest other nutrients would be missing from her plate.. serve her a balanced nutritious diet from all food groups. heres a blog on balanced diet for 1-3 years olds. hope u will find it useful!Hey! I find this Parenting blog really interesting. I suggest you have a look too: https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/balanced-diet-foods-for-toddler-growth-and-development/1185?ptref=sa0l000030g00wx