Milk Battle

Ritu

My daughter is 3 years old. she doesnt like drinking milk. Apart from milk she generally doesnt create issues while eating. I have tried giving milk in different forms but of no use. One day she said - Mumma I dont drink milk because it is not tasty :(... Very honest on her part but what should I do about it.

• 4

Sharon

Getting my child to finish one glass of milk was almost impossible for me. They are not interested in knowing what is healthy or not. But now I am able to accomplish this mission after I had read a very useful article on different ways I can get my child to finish that one glass of milk. May be it would be useful for you too. http://www.humptybumptykids.com/tips-to-get-your-child-to-finish-the-glass-of-milk/

Ritu

Thanks a lot Bhawana... It is great info. There are many things you mentioned that my daugther loves to eat but I did not know that there was calcium in these foods. :)

Dear Ritu, we want our children to have milk because it has calcium which helps to strengthen their bones . Keeping the objective in mind, you really don't have to stress your child, you can get the same nutrition from a lot of other food products like 1. CHEESE ( the amount of calcium will vary in different varieties of cheese but all in all it is a great source) 2. TOFU ( it is readily available in the grocery shops now days) 3. DARK GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES 4. LOW FAT DAIRY PRODUCTS LIKE YOGHURTS 5. FLAVORED SOYA MILK 6. CALCIUM FORTIFIED JUICES ( the contents are always written at the back of the box) 6. ALMONDS 7. DRIED HERBS ( like rosemary ,sage , oregano, basil in soups and vegetables) 8. DRIED OR ROASTED SESAME SEEDS 9 MAKE PORRIDGE ( with rice/ semolina/ sooji/oatmeal / daliya ). Most Importantly give your child foods rich in Vitamin D as it helps in absorbing the calcium in the body . Vitamin d rich foods include Fish Oil/cod liver Oil and fish like salmon / herring/ mackerel and trout that are readily available in the local meat shop. sometimes just letting her be also helps , it worked with my daughter ; when she refused to drink milk i let her be and 4-6 months later she herself asked for it one day .... hope his helps

Aangan Bansal

did u tried bournvita little champs plus little sugar??

playgroup

ideas of snacks for toddlers to play school

Fruits during winter

Hi, kindly suggest list of fruits for toddlers, during cold or winter season

hi, my baby is 15 month old, ......corn..

corn is good for 15 month old baby?

recipe

hi mom's. pls share how to prepare dal or vegitable for 16month baby.

lost appite

after fever my baby has lost his appite. please suggest me home remedies for my..

lunch box recipe for play group

hi mommies.. my son is 2years old and he is very fussy in having his food. now h..

iCadbury is safe for children

can I give Cadbury every day to my baby?is it safe?

about food

hi mom's will you suggest me how to make a apple puree for my one year old child