milk

Divya Chhajer

Updated on Oct 22, 2016

My baby is 3 month and ,5 days old. He is completely on bf but he feeds very less. Should I start formula milk for him?

• 10
Prathyusha Pvk

pls check with your doctor. it's not necessary the baby should be of standard weight as per norms. if he is increasing weight taking into consideration his birth weight. it's ok. you can start feeding formula milk by feeding him once a day. but as per my experience. he will feel hungry soon .. with formula milk.

Vijayalakshmi Gopalakrishnan

cow milk is not recommended UpTo one year. Baby cannot digest the protein in it.

Nabanita Mukherjee

hi divya... plz don't give formula milk now.. u can give it after 6 months.. sometimes happen babies r not taking bf if ur baby's weight is okk den not worry...

Komal Punit Doshi

Yes u cn . I too started gvng formula milk to my daughter arnd that period only.

divya chhajer

hmm ok. I thought he is not full so he is very cranky in recent days

Soniya Sharma

Divya , irritated doesn't means he is hungry, and as per his birth weight , his weight is also gud ...so don't worry

Soniya Sharma

no Divya , if weight gain is OK , and baby wets around 10 diapers , no need to give formula milk or anything else . babies use to irritate and cranky , it's normal , u should exclusive breastfed upto 6 months. mother's milk is best for baby

Vishakha Badaya

If he is not full, instead of formula milk - I would recommend if you're able to buy pure cow (Desi) milk. give that as it contains same type of protein as compared to breast milk.

divya chhajer

No he is not satisfied. His weight was 2. 75 at birth now he is 5. 3. it's normal, but he s always irritated

Vishakha Badaya

If he is full, then there is no need.