Mix the Breast milk and formula milk

Madhavi M

Updated on Nov 19, 2015

Hi, I'm a mother of 4 months old baby. My son likes to drink only breast milk but I am not getting enough milk. I'm Giving him formula milk but he is not accepting the formula milk . Sometimes, for the first time i am feeding breast milk then after few minutes even within a seconds i am giving formula milk, that means i am mixing both breast milk and formula milk. Sometimes he will accept the milk and sometimes he wont accept. He can easily identify the tase of breast milk and formula milk. Is it good to mix both breast milk and formula milk bcoz this is the time to develop the organs of the baby body. I'm Really worrying about this in a words i am getting confused. Please any tips.

• 4
Madhavi M

@Nirupama: I accept your words. His sleeping is good and urine is also good but he is not doing poo every day he will go like every 3 to 5 days since his birth. My baby is very active.

Madhavi M

@Anurima: I am feeding my baby for every 2-2:30 hours only breast milk sometimes it will go 3-3:30 hours bcoz he will sleep so i don't want to distrub him. Definitely, i am trying to avoiding formula.

I agree with Nirupama. Keep nursing your baby and avoid giving him formula. Milk supply will increase with each feed. So please continue with only breastfeeding.

Nirupama Sreedhar

Please do not feed your baby formula. You might feel that breast milk is not sufficient but it might not be true. If your child is gaining adequate weight and is sleeping well and urine and stool is regular then he is getting adequate milk.