Mouth Ulcers/ Canker sores

Hi,   My daughter (3. 5 years old), suffers from mouth ulcers very often. She gets them 5-6 times a year, maybe even more! Most of the time, she gets one due to trauma caused to the gums when brushing her teeth. At other times, the sores just show up. I was once told that they occur due to a vitamin deficiency also. It affects her ability to eat for over a week as they usually get very big and painful. Are there any home remedies which I can use to reduce the pain and help them heal faster? Do I need to add any particular food in her diet to reduce the occurences of the sores? I have tried applying honey, but it does not help much in numbing the pain or making the ulcers go away any quicker.   Please share your thoughts on this. Thank you.

• 2

Hi Neena. I will check her tooth paste for SLS. A supplement may be a solution here if she is deficient in some essential nutrients. Thanks for your thoughts Neena :)

Neena

Hello Anurima, I used to get these often. Here is some information you may find useful. Frequent occurrence of canker sores could mean the child has a nutritional deficiency - particularly of iron, folic acid, zinc or Vitamin B12. Another cause is a weak immune system. Toothpastes containing SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate), which is a foaming agent, also cause mouth ulcers in some kids. You could check the one you use and possibly switch to one which does not contain SLS. Were you told by a doc that these are canker sores? Since your little girl gets these often, it may be a good idea to consult her pediatrician. They may prescribe a nutritional supplement if needed and also rule out any other possible cause such as an infection or allergy to particular foods. Hope this helps!

can I give bread to my 1 yr 5 months daughter

plz suggest me 18month old baby ko raat me specially kya khana du..... all my i..

Underweight & won't eat

My younger son nearing 3years won't eat anything

fooding

both my children one 6 and other 1 yr old are under weight even if they r taking..

hello. my baby not interested in food. w..

I have a two and half year baby boy. he hate eating food . everyday I fight to f..

my daughter not eating food

my daughter is not eating food she wants milk to drink very fussy about food

diet chart

plz tell me proper diet chat with quantity for my 16month old son,,,

Feeding routine for 20 months old

Hello moms, PL help me with the feeding routine(with time intervals) of a 20 mo..