my 6 year old kids cognitive skills are too weak.. he does not manipulate the things.. after coming from school he does not tell anything just gives an outline kind of.. n from past one month he did not made any eye contact with the teacher while communicating although he responds well

• 5

Shwetha kumar! Is he able to comprehend whatever you are trying to say? Is he able to explain or talk on topic of his interest, for instance a game or a hobby . Is he making an eye contact with friends and family at home? Doea he respond to his name when being called ? How is he doing in academics ?

• Reply | 2 Replies

Shweta Kumar !kuch bacche shy hote hain, mera bada beta bhi aisa hee hai wo har kaam karke laata hai par mam se sharmata hai baat nahi karta. Kya jo kaam hota hai class mein wo complete karke laa rha hai? Friends ke saath kaisa behavior hai usska?

• Reply

"He cannot process the talks", please elaborate on this by giving an example Shweta Kumar . Also about writing you've mentioned he is unwilling to write. So whenever he does write does he makes errors? Or can he write meaningful sentences as per his age? It could be due to over exposure to gadgets. Please try to restrict it to no more than an hour per day.

• Reply | 1 Reply

The expressive language of the child needs to be worked upon Shweta Kumar .you can read age appropriate story books with your child. Make reading a story his bedtime ritual. Also as mentioned earlier, reduce the screen time and spend quality time with your child engaging him in age appropriate activities. Also would suggest you to not to compare your child with any other child. Each child is different. Try to focus on your child's strengths, praise him for those and help him overcome his weak areas with motivation and positive feedback.

• Reply

My child too didn't talk much initially Shweta Kumar !! I was unwell after the birth of my second born and cudn't give much time to my elder one . Due to which he kept playing games and watching cartoons on ipad. But I started to realise that he can't speak in meaningful sentences. So on Parentune only I heard experts telling to reduce screen time gradually and talk a lot with the child. They suggested that while doing any activity you can talk about it and engage them in meaningful conversation by asking questions in between .

• Reply

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Top Child Psychology and Behaviour Blogs