My 7 month old baby wakes up every hour at night. He wants to be breast feed and sleep every time. I am tired and my back aches. He fights sleep all the time. Cries yawns rubs eyes but won't sleep! We rock him for 45 min he sleeps 30 min. Has anyone else faced this!

Updated on Jan 14, 2020

He used to sleep OK during first 3 months. Though needed constant rocking but he would wake up 3 times or so then. Now it's been 4 months and he wakes up every hour at night. I am sleep deprived. Pls help. Thanks in advance

• 9

Main bhi same prblm face kr rhi hu

Teaching him to sleep on his own is the biggest task in hand, as we rock him and mostly feed him to sleep at night.

Hi Sangeetha, thanks so much. I had gone through numerous links and sleep training techniques, the link which u sent has some new tips which I would definitely try. Though he has been waking up like this for almost a month now hopefully he will settle down.. Thanks for the support 😊

Hello Ashwini there is a phase called as growth spurt in babies which means breastfeed babies asks for more feed than usual. this period is temporary so you dont need to worry much about it. This may only last for two or three weeks. You can ask for help during this time. You can also read this blogs. Blogs-https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/how-can-i-train-my-baby-to-sleep-well-through-the-night/5196, https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/how-to-get-your-baby-sleep-through-the-night-follow-8-easy-tips/3043

Shikha Batra Pleasure Ashwini !

Shikha Batra Thanks so much Shikha🤗 hope so.

I do understand Ashwini. it is just a phase .it will pass by soon. try to take it easy. take your hubby's help in making the baby sleep and sleep whenever baby sleeps during day time. I am sure he will come around soon.

Hi Shikha thanks for the reply, he was OK for the first 3 months, so everyone was like he is such a quiet baby.. Now he is 7 months old and the situation I explained to every hour waking and fighting to sleep is now.. Unfortunately

Hi Ashwini !I do understand your concern .first few months are really tough for the mother especially if the baby is a breastfeeding child. take help of your husband who could Rock him and put him to sleep once breastfed. keep his bedding warm and cosy .also make him sleep in a crib once he is fast asleep. keep the distractions to minimum in the room .also try and follow fix schedule everyday. be patient, gradually he would come around.

Namrata
Proparent
Featured content of the day
Parentoon of the day
Lighter side of parenting

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Top Babycare Blogs