My 9 year old daughter has recently started complaining of stomachache and body ache. She doesn't want to eat or do anything. She is most of the time sitting at one place and watching ipad or sleeping. I believe it is more of psychological than physical as this was not the case few months ago. Please guide.

• 2

Hi Sneha ! Yes it could be more of psychological than the actual physical pain. since the children do not have much to do, and can't even go out and meet their friends, they are feeling bored and more and more depressed. Try and structure her day and set up a routine and the entire family should follow it. also reward her with favourite dish once in a while when she follows it. Hug her often, adress her needs , talk a lot with her, play board and other indoor games with her and try and maintain your calm as it our anxieties which get passed on to the child. so take each day at hand and do your best to get the best out of it! Tkcare Sneha !

• Reply

HI Sneha I can understand, Engage your child into your housechores and Give him to draw something and give your special attention to ur daughter. I do same for my daughter. Avoid to give tablet,phone or gadgets. Avoid screen time. U can say to her for set her almirah in her own way, give any work to her which keeps her busy. And ask her to do some physical activity like brisk walk on terrace, roping, play with ball etc. And Give one hour in a day in which all family members will enjoy fullest like You all can play indoor games like tambola, carrom boàrd, chess, ludo, cards etc. I m damn sure she will fine soon. good luck .:) ana moreover give daily 2 hours for study too. Make schedule time table for a whole day. And give healthy diet not oily or junk food. :)

• Reply

Varsha Karnad

Featured Mombassador

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Top Child Psychology and Behaviour Blogs