My another problem is my nipples are flat .And during breast feeding my one and half month old baby takes milk for about 10 min and goes into sleep, and when I put him to sleep on bed he wakes again immediately. what might be the reason.

• 5

Hi Dr Bhanu !babies feel cosy in lap and more than hunger it's the suckling which soothes them. so he wants to cling to you. For flat nipples massage the nipple with hand or you could make use of nipple shield . The more you would feed the better it would get.

• Reply | 2 Replies

So it ok , will he take enough of milk from me

• Reply

Dr Bhanu And will u tell any solution to flat nipples, and sometimes I'm expreesing my milk in a bottle and storing it in refrigerator and jus 10 min before he wakes I'm taking it out and allow it to come to room temperature and then I'm feeding him is that ok

• Reply

Yes, he is taking enough milk, if he is is gaining weight , and frequency of pee is also fine. do not worry. Feed on one side for 12-15 minutes and then burp the baby, give a gap and then feed on the other side .so feed alternately.

• Reply

Dr Bhanu I have already shared that in above answer. please read it carefully. if u can feed directly do that with or without a nipple shield.

• Reply | 1 Reply

Ok sorry I haven't seen that ,thank u. I'm also. Expressing my milk and storing in a refrigerator .jus 10 min before he wakes up I'm. taking it out and allows it to come to room temperature and then feed him .is that ok

• Reply

U can store breastmilk in a refrigerator if u wish to keep it for more than 3 hours. otherwise ,if gets consumed even before 3 hours then u can keep it outside also. however in peak summers u could store it in refrigerator immediately.

• Reply

Hi Dr Bhanu , I too had a Same problem of flat nipple. I gently massage the nipple with coconut oil. Before breastfeed wash them properly. Used breast pump to enlarge the nipples then I sprinkled some drops of breastmilk on the nipple part so that baby can suck it very quickly. Feed the baby for 10 to 15 min on one side and then burp the baby. Your nipples pores have opened nicely and milk Flow is proper means then you have to ensure baby is sucking the nipple.

• Reply

Pallavi Jain
Proparent
Featured content of the day

Parentoon of the day

Lighter side of parenting

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP