my gal is one yr old.. she is not taking food or milk properly.. she spit it out everything v giving.. always cry.. when changing drss.. when others take her from me.. when giving food.. she is so adamn.. what to do.. not taking food .. tried differen things. only int in taking small banana.. a so worried what to do.. even when washing her face she is crying..

Updated on Oct 12, 2021

• 6

Hi Chithra RamaChandran ! I can understand what you could be going through. To soothe a crying baby is not easy especially when they are not able to express themselves.

• Reply

This is quite common in babies Chithra RamaChandran . Don't worry. Make a comfortable, soothing environment for the baby. Do not force feed her. Feed her when she is hungry. Continue breastfeeding till 2 years. Do not repeat the same food over and over again. Try variety of tastes. Cuddle your baby. Spend lot of time with her. Encourage her and play with her.

• Reply

Try and find out what is that she likes and enjoys to do. So whenever you want her to do something for instance change her clothes, give her what she enjoys doing. Probably a soothing music, dancing with her, make sure your voice is calming and you are talking to her and telling her in a song song manner - ' Baby you know what we are gonna do next . Momma is gonna change your clothes'. So this way she will be aware and is mentally prepared what you are going to do next . So it won't be a shock for her or an abrupt halt in whatever she was busy with. Also try and stick more or less to the same routine .children like predictabililty.

• Reply

For food, Add her choice of food to a new dish. For instance pair up a food of her choice say a banana with something new. In this manner it will be a happy, middle path for you both. The mantra is check your tone- you need to be calm and reassuring that she will be fine and you need to give her the feel she is leading and not vice versa.

• Reply

This is how I raised my babies. Trust me each day was a lesson. Hope this will be of help to you dear!

• Reply | 2 Replies

Try not to force feed her. Make sure the caretaker is also not force feeding her. This could be one of the reasons for aversion to food. Also set the ambience right, food in a presentable manner. It does work believe you me. Work on your tone and make mealtime funtime , trust me you'll be putting in half the time as well as efforts, with all those ticks and will be able to watch her eat food ( which is a sign of success and a huge sigh of relief)!!

• Reply

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Top Babycare Blogs