my kid is of 5yrs n doesn't inform about urine in nyt

Ankita

Updated on Jun 03, 2016

Which way should I mk her understand

• 7
Ankita

my 2 yr baby has habbit of suckin thumb whole day hw to reduce it

Dr Sarala Bidayat

I mean to say throw

Dr Sarala Bidayat

Children at this age commonly through temper tantrums. the only thing we can do is being patient. deal with love n care. talkativeness is the nature of the child, we can't do anything. browse internet and try all new recipes, fix to the ones which she likes. regarding fruits make milk shakes, fruit custard etc, mix fruit pieces with ice cream

Ankita

my daughter is too talkative n arrogant n never hv food n fruits wat should I do she is 5yrs old

Ankita

tq I will surely handle it in NYC an supportive way

Dr Sarala Bidayat

Hi ankita, bedwetting in night is common upto 5-6 years. Although children are well trained and expressive in day time it just happens without their notice in night. The problem will sustain until the bladder control is fully developed. And the problem will continue to grow if you pressurize the child and make her feel shy as it affects them psychologically. Please don't be desperate and make her desperate, as it increases the problem. Behave like nothing went wrong and explain her that it is very normal. Remember the complete phenomenon is in your hands not hers. Be careful as she may lose her self esteem

Hi Ankita! There could be many reasons for child to do so. It could be deep sleep,child is tired, she had milk or water before sleeping, she can't control. It is advisable to ensure that she doesn't have too much of liquids before sleep, she gets fresh just before retiring to bed. Also if u could note down the time when she generally pees. U could set an alarm and wake up the child 15 minutes beforehand. Ankita this is not something she is doing intentionally. Scolding , embarrassing or punishing her can make the matter worse. U need to love her and help her in dealing with it. Patience, praise and perseverance are the key traits !Hope this helps!