My six year old watches cartoons a lot

My six year old son just doesn't get tored of watching cartoons... If i switch off the tv, he grabs my phone or ipad and watches them on YouTube. . Now are his holidays and I have got so many activity books for him... Drawing and painting stuff ehich he likes but still he does all of them with the tv on!! I have tried talking him out of this by giving him health reasons; he is putting on a lot of weight. Please give me some suggestions

• 6

Hi Sana, pull the plug out or disconnect the Internet connection in these devices before he accesses them. If the devices don't work, kids would automatically turn to things that are available to engage themselves.

• Reply

Hi Sana, For some time just switch off the TV and say that no TV watching is allowed during the day time. You also don't watch the TV. As for the activity books you will have to sit with him and do it together. Take him out in the evening to play with his age group once he starts going out he will love it.

• Reply

This the problem with my kids too.

• Reply

Thanks carol and canisha... Will try these

• Reply

Hiii, m also facing ths sam thngs with my daughtr n if i swtchoff the tv or disconct my internt connection, she starts shouthng n oll thn i gt so irritat wth her n now my 8 th mnth is running too plz tell me what to do nw

• Reply

thanx fr this advice

• Reply

Varsha Karnad
Proparent
Featured content of the day

Parentoon of the day

Lighter side of parenting

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Top Child Psychology and Behaviour Blogs