Sports and Games

My son doesn't want to go outside to play..

Updated on Jun 14, 2014

My son is 8 years old, he doesn’t want to go outside to play how can I push him?

• 6
Ankita A Talwar

Hi Swati, one good idea is to go out with him and start with some games you can play together.... football, Frisbee, cricket. Take the lead and show him how much fun it can be.

Rajat

Hi Swati, You may try different outdoor activities with your child - like going for a small 15 min walk every morning, cleaning the garden. You may play some games likes - badminton , skipping rope etc . These small small activities would help to develop interest in outdoor.

Hi Swati, you may refer to this blog- https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/15-fun-outdoor-ideas-for-your-child/387

Neha Sharma

The morning time is generally very appealing to them. And slowly I noticed that it was him pushing me to go in the morning for jogs. My wife used to take him out in the evenings. That is how he made friends in the colony. Now he certainly doesn't need anyone to push him to go out to play. He would push us instead, to step out.

Neha Sharma

Hi Swati, I can share my experience with you. I used to take my son out in the morning for a little jog.

Shilpa

Hi Swati, you may try to first introduce him to games which you can yourself play with him. Make it a fun activity. And then slowly make the transition of making him play with the other children. Ensure that you introduce him to other children. Pick up a game that you think he will like.

Top Sports and Games Blogs