My son is 2. 5 yrs old. He is a vry bright child. He seems to have a good grasping power, he is vry talkative n loves to explore new things. He loves to ask questions. Loves to see picture n story books. In a months time he wil start his schooling(nursery

Neha Netragaonkar

• 9
seema

Great inputs from all of your. Gaurima u Hv been able to pinpoint the exact solutions to what I'm going through too with my ever demanding 7 year old boy. superb inputs to engage them and making them feel secure and loved ...thanks for guiding through... regards... seema.

Vishal Singhal

All of you here are great mothers mams. I really appreciate Parentune and all of you putting all of this here. I face the same issue with my son and I strongly believe my wife Ritu also faces all such problems. It shows up in her frustration when I return home after whole day's work. Some of your suggestions here are awesome and I will try to apply them and get things for my son to be engaged with... Thanks a lot all of you for sharing this. Regards.

Ritu

I think, that sounds similar to what I do. Dancing , singing , watching some stuff on tv, reading to your child are some of the activities that I also do with my child, and that precisely the reason why I told Neha to be fully charged when her kiddo gets back home. After all , for indulging the child in the activities require fresh mind and body. But yes, washing veggies and some similar stuff mentioned by Gaurima are something I avoid. At three, children have various insecurities, and probably thats the reason why they become clingy, and would want more and more of their Mothers' presence and love. So, give them in abundance. Household work one can manage in their absence. I get up in the morning, do my cooking for the whole day even before he gets up, see Him off to school, and then do my stuff that pleases me alongwith other household chores. Since the time he gets back home to the time when he goes off to sleep at night , I am with him. I don't do anything but be with him. When he takes his nap in the afternoon, that's the time when I surf the net , and do the incompleted task. So , what I mean to say is that organize , manage so that you have time for household chores, and still can take care of your happiness, and happiness of your child too.

gaurima

Hey dear .. my experience taught me somethin different... i can feel u so much ... we mothers have to do a world of chores making us go round and round with something or the other constantly demanding our attention. i used to feel quite frustrated with exactly the same problem ... the more i tried to make my child to play on his own the more he used to cling ;( i used to feel dead tired. Then i introspected about what am i being doing to my child... though i did so much in terms of fulfilling his physical needs of food etc but ... somehow i intuitively gauged that he at some level is DISSATISFIED. I could feel that behind all his attention seeking he wanted more love - pure love from me devoid of any background thoughts( urgency of impending and unending duties). With this realisation in my mind I revamped my management skills and applied all the best shortcuts that i could to save time so as to spend deep bonding time with my child. I read with him, together we washed vegetables, toys, slippers , watered the plants, cooked simple deserts, sang , danced , did a lot of art and constantly interacted my heart out with him :)In some time he became sure that I am really there for him COMPLETELY. Ans now my boy will be eight soon n he knows what mum loves n what not, what is best thing to do to make me smile, ask me to sleep when I am tired, get ready for school himself when I can't, share about his day in school.... and above all he LOVES to let me be ME :) n

Ritu

I am sure with time, he will learn to be on his own as my son has started. In order to distress yourself, do things which please you when he goes to a nursery. Meet friends, go for window shopping, read so that you feel fresh , and ready to take n the challenge when he gets back home. This is what I do. Try, it might help. Take care.

Top Child Psychology and Behaviour Blogs