Natal teeth

AshwiniJayanth

Updated on Jan 10, 2013

My son is 1 year 4 months old. He had lower two incisor teeth at birth(Natal Teeth) which was removed by Dentist thinking it might cause problem in breastfeeding. Around 9th month or so he started teething. The same lower 2 incisors(which was removed earlier) started appearing. But, once it had emerged a bit, they just broke. Now, he has upper 4 incisors, 2 upper premolars and lower canine teeth. Lower 4 incisors are not showing any signs of emerging.     Did anyone had similar situation with your kid? Looking for expert suggestion on this.

• 4

DrSonali Bassi

Hi Ashwini that's great ,you have an appointment. the ideal course is a clinical examination and an X-ray to confirm the position of the teeth. In all probabilities they would be there.

Charanjot

Hi Ashwini, my 6 month old also started teething, and on asking my pediatrician, he suggested to see a dentist specializing in baby tooth care... Pediatric Dentist

AshwiniJayanth

Thanks Anurima. I managed to grab an appointment with a Dentist for this Saturday :)

Hi Ashwini. The first set of teeth to normally appear are the lower incisors. However, it is not a must and many babies have the upper incisors show up before the lower ones. But considering you son's history of being born with teeth, which were removed and broke when they re-appeared, you may want to speak to a dentist. He or she will be in the best position to tell you the solution and if there is something to worry about and on further course of action. Good luck.

baby immunity

how to increase baby immunity? my baby got fever in gap of 2 weeks for 3,4 days..

How to stop passing toilet in the bed

I have 2 boy kid's (2years & 4years). both are passing urine in the bed wheneve..

Daily egg yolk

Is it safe to give daily one egg yolk to a 16 months old baby in dinner? Please..

sweating

my baby sweats alot.. wat to do?

baby head banging

my baby bangs her head in wall when she is angry how to stop her

baby food nd behaviour

mera beta 2sal 5mahine ka hai vo koi bhi sbji nhi khata hai kya kru ki vo sbji..

sleeping

hello how make my two months son sleep long at all night