Need help

Gaurav Gupta

My baby wl b vaccinated next month for pneumonia... our Dr told abt two kinds of vaccine for d same.. one is prevner n other one is synflorix.. M not sure which one to go for.. dere is huge difference in price of two.. I m sure many of u MST hv faced a same situation.. Pls help which one to go for..

gaurav gupta

Thanx namrata.. n al..

Namrata

Yes my doc also discussed the same with me. The difference is in the number of strains of PCV bacteria against which these vaccines provide protection. While Prevnar13 protects against 13 to 14 strains, Synflorix protects against 10 strains. You are right that the cost difference is huge but the choice is yours. I went for Prevnar. You should discuss with your doc. Hope this helps!

Then take another doctor's opinion. At one point he is saying both are fine and the other he is saying that one will prevent three more diseases as compared to the other. Obviously as parent you would want the best for your child. Hence in this case it is better to consult another doctor and ask him or her about the exact difference in the vaccination. Hope this helps.

gaurav gupta

Dr says it's up to us.. both r fyn... p prevents 13 types of diseases.. n s prevents 10..

Hi Gaurav, I think you should consult your doctor only for the same and ask him to explain you the difference between the two vaccine.

baby weight

my son is 40 days old. his birth weight is 2. 6 n now his weight is 2. 96. my do..

Weight

What should be the weight of a 8 month old baby ?

not having milk from bottle

Hello my son is 3 months old I am worried hez not taking milk from bottle from l..

diarrhea.

My baby is of 5 mth n from yest. he is having diarrhea... he is not doing freque..

Feeding bottle

What should be the qualities of a gud feeding bottle?.. I need to buy one for my..

Hiii I'm new comer to ths app...

also evn I'm Ayurvedic pediatrician too

baby cries at a specific place

my 6 months old cries badly when we take her to a friend's place. and there is s..

name

hiii can any suggest girl baby names starting with ka, ke, and ve