Nipples crack

Vandy Sharma

Updated on Nov 20, 2016

My baby is 15 days old. Due to breastfeeding my nipples got cracked. I suffer a lot pain while breastfeeding . Plz help with best cure

• 10
Neha Srivastava

Hii dear,my doc recommended me a ointment named Nipcare ,u can try that .And take care to clean ointment before feeding baby. You can also take hot bath u will feel better.

Komal

Hey, u can express a drop or two of ur breast milk n apply on the crack. My Dr. advised me that as the first step and it worked for me.

vandy sharma

Plz tell me the name of antibiotics

Anagha

hi, I suffered the same before a month. due to nipples were not pointed, my son was not able to latch so I used silicone nipples but that needs to be sterliise every time and have high risk of infection also the infant will get confused when you will switch to your nipples and he will suck hard (cause artificial nipples are hard one ) thinking those are same , and it will create more problems for breast. take some antibiotics and use nipcare . only it will give relief. antibiotics will cure the cracks and you won't feel pain while feeding. my very personal experience. I get recover in 10 days from this problem. If you want, I can share antibiotics name which my ped gave me.

Shweta Rishi

u can apply badam rogan on nipple and u dont have to clean it before giving feed coz its not harmful.

Sangeetha

you can apply coconut oil but u have to clean before breastfeeding...

T Jyothsna

hii the best is apply vaseline.. it heals in one tym only.. as this is cold season.. v mothers will have dat problem frequently

Hema

apply ghee

Pooja Raheja

u can use breast sheild nipples... baby will latch that nipples n u also won't get irritated

Kalaivani R

you can consult with your doctor and apply nipcare ointment. Apply before feeding and clean it with cotton & water.