No milk please!

Anamika

My daughter hates milk she can’t event stand the smell of it she is 5 years now and I want her to have milk daily as it’s an essential part of growing up years. Please suggest how should I make her understand the importance of milk

• 4

Anamika, try changing the flavours of her milk, adding things that will get rid of the smell. Also, you can try cow's milk or organic milk. their smell is much lesser.

Ankita A Talwar

Anamika, try flavouring her milk with different things inculding maybe a bit of tea leaves; give it to her in small quantity first to let her accept it and then gradually increase the quantity; give milk to her in different forms such as fruit milkshakes etc; also figure out if the issue is only with the smell or does she feel nauseous, or discomfort in having it, or some physical problem. In the latter case, you might want to get her check for lactose allergy.

Hi Anamika, try changing the brand of the milk. Add elaichi powder, cinnamon powder, tulsi leaves etc to deal with the smell. ALso, if she doesn't want to drink milk, give it to her in the form of kheer, custard, milk shakes etc. This may help.

Hi Anamika,Thank you for sharing your concern with us. We understand your concern. While you receive suggestions and inputs from fellow parents on parentune, in the meantime, here is a blog and a parent talks which deals with the concern area mentioned by you and may be of help- http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/milk-the-power-drink/454 and http://www.parentune.com/parent-talk/not-drinking-milk/884

How to balance moms time between the old..

Hi girls, my elder son is 5. 5 years and I delivered recently my younger son is..

stubborn child

my 4 yr daughter is very stubborn. she tends to beat my 1 yr old and other kids...

Regarding Shampoo

Hi my son is 4years which shampoo can be used.

My daughter cries for whatever things sh..

My daughter has developed a routine to cry for everything she asks or wants......

Regarding Shampoo

My Son is 4 years and 6 month which shampoo will have to use . Still I'm using s..