No veggies, no fruits

Ashu Kapoor

Updated on Sep 04, 2015

Hi.. my daughter is 19 months old.. she does not eat veggies and fruits.. in fruits she takes only papaya nd melon and in veggies only carrot grated she accepts in khichdi.. also she likes to hv only boiled food.. no spices she accepts in dal, sabzi.. soups also she does not like.. she eats only half to one chapati and little khichdi in whole day.. in between i giv her lil bit snacks and milk.. plz tell me ths much quantity enough for her? Plz suggest me hw to giv her veggies nd fruits..

• 4
Ashu Kapoor

Hi mehak.. thanks for ur concern.. my daughter does not come under any trap.. bt still ill try ur idea.. can u give me recipe of dalia with veggies? And also recipe of vermicili with veggies? Actualy i hv nevr made ths

Hi Ashu Kapoor You may also refer tho this blog- https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/healthy-and-fun-food-options-for-your-toddler/195

Mehak

and the key rule is don't force feed otherwise she'll develop a feeling of disliking towards that food.

Mehak

Hi Ashu, I think you should try to increase the quantity. My son is 1. 5 years old and till few days back he used to have only milk. so now i have started new things like i have given soft toys some name. so i say kitty and poppy are eating, they had their bite and now its ur turn. This way he eats if he genuinely likes the food. I try to give him variety like dalia with lots of veggies served with curd, khichdi, poha, upma, yellow rice(pullao), bread sandwiches, kheer, pasta, vermicilli, all with lots of veggies which are both healthy and tasty. You could also try this. When she'll see variety she'd like to have it. Hope this helps