Not drinking milk

Hi parents,   My son is 5 years. He does not want to drink milk at all. Whenever i give him milk and i am not around he throws it. I am really worried. Please suggest.

• 3

Meenambigai Rajesh

Hi Ankita, u can try different flavours like ragi malt, badam mix, chocolate flavour drink or mango complan. First u can try in small sachet and never force. Many kids like cold milk and chocos, milkshakes and rosemilk. So find out which is ur son's favourite and give him whenever he likes. Everyday if u wish that he must drink 2 glasses of milk then it is going to be a big mental block and things will never happen. It happened in my case. I gave up totally and now I can see a change. My daughter is taking milk everyday( not that strict 2 glasses) after I stopped forcing her. I am also satisfied that something is better than nothing.

Dear Ankita, I have a 2 year old who hates milk too. So here is what I do- I offer him milk on alternate days or after 2 days. I have stocked up the fridge with yogurt, paneer, cheese and other dairy products. He eats yogurt without any hassle. I also add butter in his food. You could try giving him other dairy products so that he doesnt not miss out on the essential nutrients present in milk. I was told by the nutritionist here in Parentune, that egg is an excellent source of calcium and can provide the missing calcium along with other nutrients if the child does not drink enough milk. So please do not force him and try the other products. Hope this helps.

Anandana N

Hi Ankita. How about making the milk look great and interesting. Try giving him a smoothie. Do not tell him its milk, tell him its a smoothie. give it to him in a colourful glass with some chocolate sauce smile on it. You would have to do such things for atleast a week and not give up. Let me know if it doesnt work.

drinking milk a big problem

my daughter doesn't like 2 drink milk at all. if forced to drink thn she vomitz...

dry fruits in summer

can we give walnut in summer??

what is required in daily diet

when the baby is very choosy in food than what to do

Nutrition

What kind of food is most good.. Tasty and like by kids

regarding food

my son is 4. 6 years old and he is weak according to his age. plz guide how can..

Regarding food

my son who is 4 yrs old. His weight is only 13. 4 Doctor said that he is under a..

eating food

hi ,my son doesn't eat food even total day also until i make him to eat with my..