not gaining weight

Thanuja C D

Updated on Nov 06, 2016

my baby birth weight is 2. 8kg. Now 1 month completed still he s 3kgs. doctor said he has to gain weight for vaccination. is this normal? pls advice how to gain weight.

• 11
Abhilasha Bal

hi tanuja u can eat bottle gourd or lauki in your food .More over eat sabudana cooked in any way u like. shatavari powder comes as lactonic granules helps a lot. I suffered through d same problem. now everything alright. methi also increase milk.

Nidhi Bhansali

hii tanuja u drink Satavari powder in milk twice a day... it wil increase ur milk to feed ur baby.. n eat dry coconut.. it will really help u.

Thanuja C D

Thank you all. will follow

Shreya Rajvanshi

Hi Thanuja, whatever happens, please continue with your feed. I second Firsttimemom comment that you need to eat more calorie-rich food so that your baby gets all the calories for him to gain weight. Also, drink some water whenever you have to feed your baby and include ajwain and jeera in your diet to increase your milk supply (in case you think it is not sufficient). Last but not the least, be relaxed and calm while feeding the baby.

firstimemom

Hi Tanuja, if i have understood u right your baby is in to her second month. Please dont switch on to formula if you have enough milk. As pp you can try to eat fatty and nutritious food urself to increase your supply. Give frequent breast feeds to ur baby he/ she will definitely increase weight. My doc had told me that its normal for babies to reduce weight after birth for first few months of life but sooner they will pick up with proper attention. or you can check with the same doctor what would be best for ur baby.

smittal

have lil fatty food for bf ... my baby is on fm of nan pro too it works just u hv to give sufficient milk

Adelyn

lactogen works best

Thanuja C D

Nan pro

Riddhi Sahijwala

which formula milk ur gvg

Thanuja C D

both breast feed and formula milk.

Riddhi Sahijwala

same s wid my baby also but he s on formula milk not bf so that s the prob. what abt ur baby