not opening mouth for eating

Rohit Bajoria

hi friends. my baby boy is 10 months old. offlate he is not opening his mouth for food. neither for solid nor drinking milk. what should we do. plz guide me. this way he will lose his weight

• 6
rohit bajoria

thanks amrita I will give it a try.

Amrita Sharma

in this case try to feed small frequent meals, give half of milk what he used to take but do it more often... and give his caloric food like mashed banana, avacado, sweet potato, grated cheese, paneer.. Add ghee in everything.. in this way if he is eating less also you can make it more calories.. and make sure you have finger food in the plate, whenever you want to feed a spoon try feeding finger food first.

rohit bajoria

hi amrita thanks for your response please note his diet is significantly reduced and he is not having substantial through the entire day. also when he is awake he don't want to have bottle feed as well. plz advise

Amrita Sharma

hi.. it's a phase all the babies go through somewhere around 9-11 months.. they become more independent and doesn't like to be spoon fed, you can try giving ur baby more of finger food like boiled and bite pieces carrot Sweet patato, avacado, banana.. if khichdi, Dalia and all is given don't make it to watery, make it little thick and mashed well. let the baby feed himself.. if you are worried about loosing weight add more calories like ghee, butter in the finger food.. you can Google more about this phase and it's very common

rohit bajoria

hi puloma many thanks for the reply. kindly note that we can give him the same only and only when he wants to open his mouth. he is not ready to open the mouth for anything. plz advice me. I am. worried

puloma pandey

Hi Rohit, check wheather he is teething or not. During teething also child loose their appetite. Give him semi solid foods like well cooked khichdi having thinner consistency, powdered daliya, oats.