Not taking milk

Meeta Mishra

I m a working mother... Just joined my office back..... my baby is 6 months now. my mother take care of him while I m out fr work.... my problem is he is not taking any milk. he only takes cerelac and banana and when I m back I give him breast feed.... suggest me what to do??

• 6
Laura

Expressing milk with a comfortable breast pump is the best option. I read this blog and found it to be helpful. I m also a working mother. https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/breastfeedingwhat-you-need-to-know/763

Sunita

Try feeding milk with spoon and bowl. Try with expressed breastmilk. Keep trying. My son too was not taking initially but he started once his father gave the bottle. It's still a papa thing. If I give him or my mom does, he won't take

meeta mishra

Thank you monies for ur suggestions but I m afraid how my baby will start taking milk other than the breast...... Since he is not taking bottle now.... and from katori he takes lesser milk

Hi Meeta Mishra! You could breastfeed the baby before leaving and after coming back. Avoid bottles and try giving cerelac and biscuit mashed in milk or custard made in milk or other milk based recipes with Katori spoon. As your baby is 6 months + u could begin with other recipes too such as rice an dal water, stewed apple, boiled and mashed pumpkin etc. Gradually with passing time u could thicken the consistency of food being served and give dalia, khichri,kheers etc .Breastfeed can be continued even beyond 1st year which will boost his immunity levels . Hope this helps!

Jasp

Try pigeon nipple

Himanshi Gupta

As u have joined office.. It takes time for the baby to adapt this change.. Is he refusing bottle? Try to change the bottle.. Try to reduce breastfeeding time so that baby adopt the feeding method. milk is very imp..