Not taking solids

Shruthi Manjunath

Updated on Sep 09, 2015

Hi.. My 7 month old baby zips her mouth when she sees food... Initially she used to ear well. But from past 1 week she doesn't open her mouth

• 3
Lakshmi Kapoor Verma

Hi .. Disagree with force feeding the child which can lead to unnecessary food aversion and stress for the baby .. The key here is to be patient and keep offering different food items to discover what your baby likes .. After initial hiccups they eventually come around .. Also my paed recommended strongly against playing any sort of media like tv etc when you feed your child .. Unhealthy practice at a very young age .. Hope this helps .. All the best

Sidharth

by the way. Its important that the food is tasty so my wife adds blueberries or strawberries or raisins to all the meals. They'll love it.

Sidharth

Hi Shruthi, My wife had the same concern with our baby boy but we figured that if you force feed the 1st bite, they usually will open their mouth for the following scoops. Try playing some rhymes on the T. V. My kid loves "mother goose club" on youtube.