nutrition

Khushboo Shaw

my daughter is 2 .8years.and still breastfeeds. how should I stop her. whole night she demands for it. please help

• 4
Khushboo Shaw

thank you so much

Dr Sweta Singh

Khusboo, dear if this is the matter then u have to work a lot . 2. 8 years is the time when kids should have totally stopped BF. u have to go step by step. first stop feeding at day time. play with her distract her from you. ask your husband or in laws to keep your child for some time away from u. she will cry don't worry for that. make a specific time to hide from her during day she will slowly understand that mom is not here and she will stop asking for your milk. also feed her well with her favorite generally kids who breastfeed are less interested in solid foods. but u have to give her favorite meal. if u succeeds in this then slowly go towards stopping night feed.

Khushboo Shaw

every time she wants to breastfeed. during d day also .I have tried putting chilly and neem leaves to my nipples but not worked.

Dr Sweta Singh

have you stopped breast feeding at day time. give her a heavy meal at night and before sleeping feed her with milk or water whatever she likes. when she wakes up at night offer her water first. ask your husband to console and put her to bed again.