pain in nipples.

Pooja Salvi

my baby is just 18 days old and am getting pain in nipples while feeding which irritates me and am not able to feed him continuously. I sometimes apply oil on it to make it soft. Please suggest me some remedy on this.

• 8
Payal Vishal Manglani

apply desi ghee on it....

Pooja Salvi

thanks everyone. it's better now.

Sumalatha Muthu

hello pooja it's a common problem for lacting mothers.. my suggestion is after feeding the baby just take some breast milk( like 5-6 drops) to your hand and rub that into nipple and leave it. while feeding your clean your breast nipple in warm water and then feed.. it's very effective and no side effects for you your baby.. it's my personal experience..

Sindhu Rao

hi Pooja, you can also use silicon nipple sheild till it's cured which is available in Amazon...

prema n

Pooja u get nipple pad from medicals and have it whole day for atleast 1 month ...but remove and wipe nipples well before feeding u Wil b better and pain and irritating won't b tre ma

Pooja Salvi

thanks a lot

hi Pooja! as Rashmi rightly mentioned make sure the areola is in baby's mouth and not just the nipple . head position of the baby is correct. u can also apply ghee or your breast milk in case of soreness. also make sure u wipe off well if any ointment is applied before feeding your baby.

Rashmi Bharti

Latch ur baby properly, that will ease ur pain. For sore nipple apply some cream after consulting doctor.