Parent decision

Updated on Jun 13, 2017

Do you think banking the umbilical stem cell banking is an important decision that the expectant parents must take

• 7

according to my study, there is a old doings in India. they keep the umbilical cord safe in a small silver container and will be left hanging in the child's neck tying with a rope all the life and when a serious problem of health arises that umbilical cord will be ground and will fed to the child itself irrespective of age. It is said to cure the disease. You might have to spend much to save it in bank. Make studies and carry as well. God luck.

• Reply

it is costly as well I believe. someone guide as well please.

• Reply

I get mixed reviews from many ppl. Overseas they follow this. In india it is emerging as new diseases emerge. Dont know what to decide. My friend is in a situation to decide. I'm not sure what to say to her on this.

• Reply

i had a word with doctor who herself is doing stem cell therapy and she told me that no use of preservi ng stem cells as their quality decreases day by day and more over stem cells are available throughout our life in our bone marrow and adipose tissue so if needed we can remove from there and use it

• Reply

Cord blood is the blood taken from the umbilical cord of a baby immediately after birth, a rich source of stem cells and can be used to treat thousands of disorders, which include various forms of leukemia, lymphoma, and anaemia. Currently, stem cells are used to treat cerebral palsy and traumatic brain injury. There are currently more than 200 clinical studies worldwide using stem cells to treat type I diabetes, hearing loss, pediatric stroke, autism, spinal cord injury, HIV and Alzheimer's. So, cord blood banking is useful for both the baby and their family members every expecting parent should take the first step for newborn. Visit, https://www.cordlifeindia.com/cord-blood

• Reply

Please do not promote your brand here Riddhima Sen !

• Reply

Riddhima Sen please do not advertise on this platform

• Reply

Varsha Karnad

Featured Mombassador

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Top Babycare Blogs