Parentune discussion

It is Parentune discussion time!!   Share your thoughts with us:   When it comes to controlling temper tantrums of an angry toddler, what is the most effective strategy you have used so far.

• 6

I usually take my child to a corner, away from any distraction,wait for a few minutes and once he is calm, I try to reason with him. If he listens and behaves as expected, then he gets a small reward :)

I hug my child , kiss her and tickle her. Take her in my lap. Try to calm her down. When she is quiet, I listen to her demands and tell her if that is feasible or not. If not what can be done instead. most of the times the trick works Wonders.

Megha Trivedi

Being a bit firm at times when the child is just not listening or speaking angrily is the way out,maybe not talking to the child for sometime may also work.

Carol

I tell my son "I won't respond unless you calm down and speak properly because I don't understand what you are trying to say when you are angry" and then I leave him alone for a while to calm down.

Shikha

It depends on every child actually. What I does is try to distract her mind to her favourite activity she liked the most to soothe her

Meenu

Giving my child a time out is something that works effectively in controlling temper.