Passing gas... frequent feeding.... any problem?

Ruchi Thakur

Updated on Jan 19, 2016

My son is 45 days. He use to pass gas more often. Even though apart of 1 or 2 time he use to feed only for 5 to 7 minutes . I use to feed him generally in an hour. Plz suggest if any thing is wrong here

• 5
shama sharma

Yes. Feed the baby in 2 hours. And make him burp. Gas passing is normal for such small baby. It will be fine while he will grow. Its a good sign.

Jyotsna Sahu

Gas passing is a good sign of having good digestion ...dnt worry about that. My baby also did this, i t s normal. Your baby is very small. No need to think on frequent breast feeding. Just feed him as per his demmand. Enjoy breastfeeding and motherhood.

Tejal Singh

Gas passing is good. my baby does that for whole day. Some time he demand feeding to pass gas only ;) Some time after half an hour I feed him. i do feeding as per demand also and per my instinct, if i feel baby needs to feed, than feed... I Don't carry any time zone scenario.

Monisha Deepak

Hi. There is no issue with gas actually it's a good sign. It's healthy for infants to pass gas. My baby also feeds for 5 to 8 mins thrs no problem. Feed as per ur baby demands but not with a gap of more than 2 hours at this age.

Tanvi Naidu

Hi make sure u gve him burp after every feed. N my doc suggested to give feed in 2hrs.

Top Health and Wellness Blogs