Pediasure

Ruchi Bhargava

Updated on Jul 09, 2013

Is Pediasure good for child, I mean my child is 8 months old, should I start giving him that. I used to give him cow's milk twice, veg soup, some fruit daily (in addition to breast milk). I all it includes 2- 3 meals daily other than milk.

• 9
Neha Sharma

Pediasure is for 2-10 years child.. . You tell me what is natural, pure now a days?? Do you think milk is pure, natural.. . No.. . Not at all.. . So, after adding Pediasure there will be some chances of making that milk healthy, nutritious. .. Dats y v add.. . Even Paediatrician recommends the same.. .

Kritika

Pediasure isn't advisable for children below 2 years of age.

All powder product n medicine hv some negative impact.. I myself dont prefer to give complan, pediasure or some kind of medicine to my son. I prefer to recover him in some natural way... to give natural food.. or some other way... dont forget... in long run... these product hv side effect.... these can help u in short run only.

M

My doc has asked me to discontinue since it puts pressure on the kidney.

meenakshi

Please do not give Pediasure, unless your doctor advises you. It is good for instant weight gain, but not for long-term.

Neha Netragaonkar

Pls dont giv pediasure till d age of 2yrs.

Ruchi Bhargava

Thxs Shikha and Anurima

Hey Ruchi, Pediasure is recommended for children from 2 years of age. You may continue giving him plain cows milk for now in addition to what you are giving. I second what Shikha has said, Pediasure provides additional calories and is mostly recommended for fussy eaters and for children between 2 and 10 years.

Dear Ruchi! Pediasure is not advised for children below one year of age as it has milk proteins which are difficult to digest. It is basically recommended by paediatricians for weight gain. it contains more calories in less volume.

Top Food and Nutrition Blogs