phlegm in throat

Poonam Rawat

Updated on Jan 25, 2017

my son having cold from last 2 week but now there is improvement in his cold but having phlegm in his throat, its not loosening even wid medicines given by his paediatric. plz suggest some remedies for this.

• 8
Hina Srivastava

ya.. it does help me. Still, suit yourself Poonam

Poonam Rawat

hi hina i was thinking of it. but my father in law refuses me to do this ..but i think its good to remove phlegm by putting finger in his mouth as he is not vommiting it out. he is coughing and swallowing it in...

Hina Srivastava

Hi Poonam, since babies do not know how to spit it out, its a bit of a problem. Phlegm will only come out if your baby vomits (in maximum cases they do vomit). What i generally do is gently put my finger in her mouth to help her throw up. (please only if you are OK with it you should do it as it is my way of tackling)

Poonam Rawat

thank you so much mommies.. these days I'm so much worried. he is still a little baby and suffering so many days . i will definitely try these.

Veeresh

Hi Poonam, what I do with my daughter is, i take some 7 to 8 black pepper and crush it. Add the blACK pepper in water with some smount of jaggery and boil it. Continiously feed 3 times in a day. It will diffitnely cure with in 3 days.

Shreya Rajvanshi

Keep giving steam regularly. Medicines make the phlegm dry that can be irritating.

Poonam Rawat

hii shreya we are also giving steam from past few days. I'm so much worried.. he is suffering with this so many days.

Shreya Rajvanshi

Hi Poonam, phlegm can be melted with the help of a steam.