Play school admission

Vasudha Deshmukh

Updated on Feb 18, 2017

hi, recently I been to play school as it's in my vicinity for the admission enquiry for mine toddler (1. 6yrs) for the next session. I was really disappointed. twice I have been to same play school (on weekday) as it's a brand (not disclosed), thinking it's good. but same receptionist addressed me twice. she seems so dull, she only answered the question I asked NO further description/details/info/booklet given about the play school and closed the discussed by telling fees which is 45K per year and ask me pay advane to reserve the seat. m really worried. has anyone faced this?? or this is the common practice that parents only had to ask questions...

• 5
Javed Shaikh

I would suggest you should not enroll in such preschools who are not able to explain their curriculum. I just enrolled my son to a preschool after visiting many other preschools,and the preschool I selected were able explain to me the whole curriculum in a very professional manner. They made me visit the entire preschool vicinity and explained each and every detail of every activity they do with the kids.

Vasudha Deshmukh

thank you Pooja for the info.. being my first time in play school for my son, I was looking for opinions. thanks

Dr Pooja AttreyPT

yes vasudha.. they are supposed to tell us n brief us about everything right from play activities... safety measures ..emergency medical aid n paeds associated if any!but in india majority wont!many wont let you peek into classrooms let alone anything else.. only reason i could make for this is the commercialisation of education n now playgroups also... without being accountable for our kids.. thats the present scenario as there is no standard policy for playgroups n their measures. but then ..there are people of opposite scale also.. i went to kidzee in my area.. it was a nice setup n director herself talked to me n took on a setup tour... her assistant along was explaining activities offered... i was asking questions also.. n a lot actually ;)tthough there were not enough safety meaaures as per it seemed to me but in last only they briefed me about fee structure. so we cant standardised them.. u can try inquiring in some other institution.. good luck!

Vasudha Deshmukh

here my concern is as a parent when we step in for admission enquiry aren't they suppose to brief about their play school. they haven't uttered a word on their own.

puloma pandey

hii Vasudha .. let ur baby reach 2 n 1/2 ... but they do .. they ll emphasis more on fees .. but u inquire abt health n sanitation also thn what way or method they use ...

Top Education and Learning Blogs