potty training

Bharti

my son is 15 months old, i m facing problem in potty training to him as he knows he need to go to toilet for potty or pee  that time he go in some corner of house where no one can see him, if i take him to toilet he cries and don't sit there. any solution?

• 4

richa13ag

My daughter is 21 months old. I m trying to train her using a portable potty. But she simply doesn't inform when she's about to pee or poo. She just does it wherever she is standing or sitting. At times. She doesn't even inform after doing it. Everytime she wakes up from sleep or nap, i make her sit on the potty with a book or toy n she pees in it. But she never pees in it on her own. What to do?

bharti

thanks Anurima and Neena, definately i will try this trick

Neena

Hi Bharti, great tips from Anurima here. Would just like to add, we get those toilet seats for toddlers that fit over the actual toilet seat. Buying one which is colorful or probably has your child's favorite cartoon printed all over could do the trick... it did work for me.. !

Hi Bharti. Toilet training is one of the scariest things to do for a child at that age. Please make sure he is ready to be toilet trained- has dry diapers throughout the night, shows interest in the bathroom, gets uncomfortable with a wet diaper or nappy.. My daughter was trained at 2 years. I can share a few things I did when training her. If your son is walking, you could start using pull up diapers so that he can learn how to pull it down like pants when he has to go to the toilet. You could also have a portable toilet, which you can keep in one corner of the house. He can start off by using that. Once he gets comfortable, you can then gradually move that into the bathroom/toilet. This worked with my daughter. My friend who has a son told me of a trick she tried to make him pee in the toilet- She threw a piece of cornflakes into the toilet and asked him to pee on it as if trying to 'hit the target'. He seemed to enjoy it and looked forward to going to the toilet to pee. You could try this too :) I would suggest making going to the toilet a fun experience and not something he is forced to do. You could also praise and reward him each time he used the toilet, thereby encouraging him further. Good luck :)

breast feeding

hi moms how shall stop my 2yr old from breastfeeding

Folding tongue in mouth

My daughter has completed 2years this june. She has habit of folding her tongue..

rash

hi everyone... my baby is 1. 5 yr old... she is very active... der is only one c..

drink lemon soda

my son is 1 yr 2 months old ,is it safe to give lemon soda to him. ???

stop BF to baby

Hi my daughter is 14 months old and now i am trying to stop her BF. I will try t..

my 2. 5 yrs old son goes to play school...

toddler takes only milk in Bf

rejects food

my daughter is 1. 8 yrs she is never interested in eating food. I always force..