potty

Urvashi Shah

Updated on Dec 05, 2012

My son does his potty every 3rd day, is it serious should i take dr. advice for the same.   Regards

• 3

Thrice in one day to once in three days- this is within normal range. If your son does not go even after the third day, maybe you should try massaging in the way Aashna suggests. It worked with my child when she was a few months old.

Aashna

Hey Urvashi. I can recommend one thing. You can gently massage his tummy in a clock wise motion with both your hands. Use some oil or lotion. Then raise his legs one by one as though he is cycling. This puts pressure on his intestines and will help with gas and constipation. It really works and your baby will love it :)

Hi Urvashi. I take it from your earlier post that your son is 4 months old. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would say that doing potty every 2-3 days is normal for babies. My son used to do potty every 2 hours until he was 6 weeks old and then it just stopped altogether for a few days. I had spoken to his doctor on this and was told that babies can do potty several times a day or can go without it for up to a week. But the signs to watch out for would be if he is straining himself when passing stool, if there is blood in his stool or he seems uncomfortable with gas. His digestive system is still developing, so there will be changes in his stool from time to time. You can check with his doctor if you are concerned. Take care.

my baby is 2 month old, from her right..

she is having little cold so is that the reason or because of heat. coz since t..

bottle feeding

my baby is 11 month old,,vo spoon seemilk pi let's Hai but bottle feeding nhi le..

white spot on 3 months old baby

Hi all , plz suggest me, abt my baby he is 3 months old having 2,3 white spot i..

rolling

hi friends, my baby has completed 6 months but she is not sleeping on her tummy..

make baby sleep without feedinf

how to make my 10 momth sleep without feedinf. he doesn't sleep without nursing...

baby weight

my son 's birth weight was 3. 3kgs. now he is 6 month 10 days old and he is only..

how to start solid food for a baby with..

Here is my vedio on how to start solid food for baby with some tips and tricks....

Milk

Hii... my daughter is 11 mnth and she is exclusively dependent on bf.. as i want..