Babycare Health and Wellness

Problem of Saying alphabet R.

Preeti Joshi

Updated on Jun 17, 2015

My 5 year old son used to pronounce all the alphabets very well when he was about 2. 5 years old. Then we stayed in US for about 2. 5 years and now he pronounce R as L. Eg. When he tries to call his friend Ryan he actually says Lion. Is it normal or should i consult a speech therapist. The important thing is that sometimes he says R correctly but that is by mistake. Till what age should i wait. We are planning to go back to US. R is an important alphabet over there. I dont want my son to be embarrassed or feel that something's wrong with him. I am very worried about this matter. Please suggest. Thanks alot

• 7
Preeti Joshi

Oh ok

Rizwan

My son is 4 now. His pronunciation was also good till the age of 3. 5 years. But then he has problem with letter r. In play school he used to read t for tree but after some months of admission he say t for tee. Thank god i understood his problem and try to correct him and make him realize. after some days he realised his problom on his own and read r sound words repeatedly. Now he can pronouce r correctly. I think the problem behind this behaviour of my son was his fear of his school or teacher.

Preeti Joshi

Ok, or it can be confusion also of English and Marathi

simran sharma

It may be because of his company . or due to ignorance. but i am glad you figured it out ,, Not an issue of worry, just focus on reading , :)

Preeti Joshi

I was wondering if it is common that earlier a kid speaks clear and suddenly starts saying few alphabets wrong

Top Babycare Blogs