Quick things to do in case of heat stroke before the help arrives

Updated on Jun 12, 2012

Quick Recap of the symptoms : Dizziness, Vomiting, Nausea, Fatigue, Weakness, Muscle Cramps and headache. When one is suffering from a heat stroke or sees the symptoms on someone else; here are some of the quick tips to do at home before the medical help arrives 1. Remove the victim's clothes while waiting for emergency medical assistance to arrive. Spray water to cool him down. Stay with the victim. Put ice packs under his armpits and groins.   2. If you are outside, take the victim to a cool and shaded area. If there is a pool nearby, bring him to a shallow part of the pool. 3. If you have access to a thermometer, monitor the victim's body temperature. Continue to provide cooling his temperature drops to 101 to 102 degrees F. 4. Give him cool liquids such as cold water. Sport drinks are ok, too. Do not give him caffeine or any other caffeinated drink. Keep a container and damp cloth near in case he vomits. 5. If the person is unconscious, check his airway for breathing and listen for his heartbeat. Do CPR if he stops breathing. Have his mouth opened so air can enter his body. Roll him onto his left side. This helps prevent vomiting and allow fluids to drain from his mouth.  

• 1

super like and a big thank you for sharing this, feel much reassured right now... :)

worried for periods

had c section n my periods came now after 8 months. but it's been 14 days n blee..

yoga after pregnancy

its my normal delivery. after what duration of delivery can i start yoga??

hi what should we not eat during pregnan..

foids to avoid during pregnancy

which type of protein powder can a lacta..

I m a mother of two children... very bsy so not able to take a healthy diet.. pl..

diet

I m breastfeeding mother plzz suggest me rigyt diet for me .. I lost my weight.

fever

hi my 14 month son s hvg fever 99. 6 degree... hw much ml should be gven in croc..

About fitness

When I should start yoga after pregnancy